We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Contracts Manager to join our exceptional Project Fresson Team. Project Fresson has a remit to design, manufacture and integrate a hybrid-electric propulsion system into a 9-seat Britten-Norman (B-N) Islander aircraft, which is typically used on short flights such as island-hopping routes. This electric flight technology demonstrator will enable the introduction of a new concept in aircraft-level power distribution control that optimises all the elements of the power and propulsion system.
- This role is to lead the delivery of work in manufacturing and integrating an electric propulsion system into a 9-seat aircraft (Project Fresson).
- This role is also to provide support to the project team and be the first point of contact for our contractual suppliers
- Work closely with the project team to understand supplier technical, quality and delivery requirements
- Compile a robust performance-based contract, based upon key performance indicators and milestone payment criteria for the delivery of engineering design and development projects by system and sub-system suppliers
- Ensure robust statements of work, technical requirements documents
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept up to date with project developments
- Establish regular governance reviews with suppliers to drive technical, delivery and quality performance in accordance with the terms of contract
- Lead supplier contractual discussions, including negotiations.
- Manage all correspondence with key suppliers relating to performance/contractual matter
- Ensure all contract-related issues are dealt with and resolved in a timely fashion
- Experience working within engineering and/or Aerospace environment
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation, resourcefulness and flexibility with a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to express oneself clearly, develop powerful arguments and communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Experience and ability to work effectively with external partners
- Demonstrable experience in devising and defining key performance indicators and milestone payment criteria for performance-based engineering design and development contracts with system and sub-system suppliers
- Proven experience in monitoring supplier achievement of key performance indicators and milestone payment criteria, in performance-based engineering design and development contracts
- Experience in R&D projects, preferably in engineering and/or aerospace
- Experience in dealing with critical supplier contracts on large & complex projects
- Proven understanding of the details and benefits of contract details, as well as potential disadvantages/risks.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to take ownership of workload and projects
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills
Please apply via below job link:
(We are not accepting speculative CVs from agencies at this time.)