As part of the growth plans at Cranfield Aerospace Solutions Ltd. (CAeS), this role is required to establish a robust, efficient and effective supply chain, materials planning & logistics (SCMP&L) function, to support the growing number of development tasks being taken on within the production & assembly area.
The person in this role will ensure that all parts, materials & consumables are delivered to the people that need them when they need them, to the quality expected and within budget. The role will be responsible for the management of all activities and data from PO placement through to issue to the shop floor/user/customer.
This role will be critical to the success of the business, enabling better use of resources and more efficient execution of production & assembly projects, as well as enabling cost-down within the business; this is an essential building block of the growth plan of the company.
- Creation, development and implementation of CAeS SCMP&L strategies to ensure budgetary targets are met and surpassed
- Supplier identification (sourcing), issue of requests for information and for quotations, analysis of responses, negotiation of contracts, and issue of contracts or purchase orders
- Supplier development and technical assistance, to build productive relationships with a selected group of preferred, capable, responsive suppliers, who are consistently able to meet CAeS needs
- Delivery of accurate and regular reports on supplier performance and forecasts on supply chain and inventory risk to provide the appropriate transparency for all stakeholders
- Material planning and logistics for major projects, to include planning of required “on-dock dates”; space, time and staff for parts receipt, checking and put-away; and issue of parts for use
- Release and follow-up of all parts and material orders, to ensure that supplier commitments are received and required delivery dates achieved
- Inventory control and optimization
- Conducting of make-vs-buy and supply chain optimization (total cost of sourcing) studies
- Creation and maintenance of positive supplier relationships, to promote supply chain efficiencies
- Proactive interaction with key stakeholders within the wider business to ensure that SCMP&L plans are fully informed by requirements and then integrated into and supported by the business.
- Ensuring that entire supply chain systems offer the most efficient solution and are scalable for future business growth
- Ensuring supply chain compliance with all legal, regulatory, company policy and quality standards.
- Collation, analysis and reporting of all relevant data pertaining to the efficient delivery of SCMP&L activities from quote to delivery
- Proactively seeking ways to improve programme profitability through SCMP&L efficiencies
- Responsible for material planning and material control for a category of suppliers and products, ensuring the right parts are available at the right time to support production, new model introduction ramp up and series production run out
- Support the definition of the inventory strategy and manage the end to end commercial costs and working capital in line with business objectives.
- Point of escalation and leading the resolution of commercial, timing and supply constraints and contract discussions, freight issues, parts backorders, supply chain and operational challenges, and general supplier performance issues. All instances to be reviewed and rectification measures to be applied to prevent re-occurrence
- Ensuring that suppliers are actively managed and monitored and fully understand Logistics requirements for the short, medium and long-term horizons. Regularly interact with current and potential suppliers to understand market challenges, opportunities and to assess current performance vs. target. Drive requirement for business improvement plans where required
- Reviewing processes on a frequent basis, identifying and proposing clear recommendations for improvements in operational efficiency and effectiveness.
If you would like to apply for this staff position, please complete below online application form.