Working as part of the Mechanical Design office team within the Airborne Systems Group (ASG), the successful candidate will provide an accurate fully detailed design service for all phases of the design process originating from customers’ proposals, preparation through design, development for manufacture, installation and certification and provide ‘in-service’ support with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Reporting to Chief Mechanical Designer for the quality and integrity of work.
- Produce high integrity manufacturing package deliverables (concept schemes, detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of drawings & design specs
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the manufacturing, qualification and ‘in service’ plan phases of the project
- Ensure experience feedback to the relevant functions in the organisation
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company’s systems, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews within deadline.
- Undertake signatory duties as defined within company process
- To act as lead Engineer on selected projects as required, taking responsibility for development of customer relationship and supporting the acquisition of follow-on business
- Prime point of contact with defined customers and subcontractors on designated projects
- To develop Subject Matter Expert status on specific topics
- Support and mentoring of other team members as required
- Supervision of Mechanical Design Office contract staff as required
- Produce Mechanical Design Office estimates for designated quotes
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be required
If you would like to apply, please complete below online application form.
Closing Date For Applications: 29th November 2019