Working as part of the approved Design Organisation within the Airborne Systems Group (ASG), you will support the Chief of Office of Airworthiness and their Deputy in the production of design airworthiness documentation, and the coordination of Office of Airworthiness activities, leading to the certification of modifications and repairs, as well as providing aspects of in-service support.
- Produce written certification documentation, supporting the approval of modifications and repairs to civil and military aircraft
- Compilation of classification forms and compliance matrices against the applicable requirements for each project.
- Production of basic technical publication supplements, where required.
- Lead work packages for defined certification programmes, including certification planning and compliance demonstrations, with responsibility for delivery to time, quality and budget.
- Working with and supervising other team members as appropriate to ensure overall project delivery.
- Working with team members and CVE’s to produce safety assessments as required for the projects.
- Liaise with customers and the airworthiness authorities as required.
- To act as lead airworthiness engineer on selected projects as required, taking responsibility for development of customer relationship and supporting the acquisition of follow-on business.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Office of Airworthiness with regard to showing compliance with the regulations prior to certification.
- Coordinate periodic Office of Airworthiness meetings, co-ordinate the preparation of material and producing minutes for these.
- Regular check for changes to the civil and military airworthiness requirements and disseminate these to the design team and CVE’s.
- Interact effectively with all members of design and airworthiness teams.
- Check sign airworthiness documents, within the scope defined in document CA/DD/Me046.
- Ensure that all the work performed is in accordance with company procedures, processes and standards.
To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Line Manager
Applicants should be eligible to apply for security clearance.
If you would like to apply for this staff position, please complete online application form:-
Closing Date For Applications: 7th February 2020