An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Project Lead to provide technical and operational leadership to a team of multi-disciplined engineers; while driving the deliverables of a significant project within a major strategic program or integrated project team. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of engineering technical solutions to budget, quality and schedule; with the ability to act as the single point of contact for the customer and company on technical issues/topics.
The role will facilitate technical discussions internally and between CAeS and the customer/significant contributors and to ensure that technical decisions are made in support of the project needs, acting as technical decision maker in the event that there are conflicting opinions within the project team on the way to progress.
- Accountable to the Head of Engineering for the day-to-day technical progress and decision-making on the allocated project(s)
- Supports the Project Manager in compiling a realistic plan to ensure that project schedules are attainable by identifying the WBS and design activities required to complete the project/project phases
- Sets operational objectives and tasks to the project engineering team members in support of the project requirements
- Runs daily/regular technical progress meetings with the team to ensure continuous adherence to the plan/requirements and to ensure that any problems are identified at the earliest opportunity
- Works closely with the Project Manager to continuously assess and report progress against the agreed plan
- Responsible for identifying technical and operational hazards, risks and issues and proactively works to find resolutions that offer the minimum impact to the project while continuing to meet requirements
- Gathers technical requirements (direct and derived) for the project from key stakeholders (internal and external) and ensures the design satisfies those requirements on an on-going basis
- Works closely with the Project Manager and functional leads (Chief Engineers) to ensure that the project is resourced appropriately (number of people and skill types/levels) in a timely manner
- Supports functional managers with recruitment and hiring
- Compiles and maintains KPIs required to assess the performance of the engineering team
- Ensures change and configuration rules and processes are applied within the operational team
- Acts as technical lead in technical & project reviews (PDR, CDR, interim progress reviews)
- Compiles and presents technical progress reports
- Develops customer relationships to facilitate collaborative working
- Supports Project Manager in compilation of any change requests to ensure that all technical aspects are considered as appropriate, including risk
- Supports Business Development Manager as appropriate in the compilation of estimates and/or input to the proposal for the assigned project during the bid stage
If you would like to apply for this staff position, please complete below online application form.
Closing Date For Applications: 16th September 2019