As part of an innovative cross-functional, cross-company and cross-industry team, responsibility is to develop (and keep current) the design for an electric aircraft’s high-power distribution system, including the means to control and protect it.
- Design of innovative High Voltage power distribution units with a focus on network/load switching and protection concepts up to 1500VDC
- Specification of system, subsystem and component requirements
- Network and component modelling and simulation, especially regarding electrothermal and transient behaviour
- Close collaboration with batter management engineers (external) and avionics engineers (internal) regarding design, interfaces and control
- Close collaboration with mechanical engineers responsible for mechanical component design and integration
- Close collaboration with airworthiness engineers regarding the specification and support of system validation and verification according to acceptable means of compliance, i.e. RTCA DO160, DO311, etc. and any new & emerging regulations, standards or AMC for electric aviation
- Support of the development of series production processes and process standardisation across departments
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management.
The successful candidate will have previous industrial experience in electrical engineering, preferably of electric vehicles – HV charging, battery systems, powertrain systems and requirements; experience in semiconductor technology and power electronics; and experience in requirements capture and management advantageous.
Strong knowledge of standards and good practices in electrical wiring, printed circuits, EMC, bonding, insulation and related electrotechnical components and materials would be advantageous. Along side skilled in electrical network modelling and analysis.
Direct applicants should apply: