Advanced Data Logging Technology
Cranfield Aerospace delivers customer benefits of optimum munition life with minimum disruption through the use of its Air Countermeasure Data Logger (ACDL) family.
The ACDL family of devices, developed under contract to the UK MoD (Defence General Munitions PT), are designed to help provide optimum air carriage life for equipment in operational scenarios, providing increased operational flexibility, reduced logistics footprint and reduced costs for their operators.
Although primarily designed to gather vibration and temperature data for aircraft defensive aids, their performance makes them ideally suited to a wide range of applications where high fidelity vibration and temperature data measurement solutions are required in the most demanding of environments.
These fully self-contained loggers can measure vibration and temperature data at a designated location using external sensors. Additionally, specialised instrumented flares have been developed to allow the vibration and temperature environments experienced by the flare’s energetics to be directly measured.
While the form of a Type 118 flare makes these devices ideally suited for use in flare dispensers, specialist mounting brackets allow them to be affixed to a wide range of structures, aircraft and vehicles. Additionally bespoke 218, 55mm short and 55mm long adapters allow the ACDL’s to be used in the majority of defensive aids suites.
- Small profile loggers built into aircraft defensive aid flare cartridge
- Whole flight recording capacity
- Self-contained, small, lightweight and robust
- Programmable for various data gathering scenarios
- Certified for airborne applications (F100A)
- Proven in the field on fast jets, helicopters, transport aircraft and Unmanned Air Systems
- Unobtrusive and highly time-efficient means of data gathering